Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Don't Forget to Breathe



‎"DEEP BREATHING techniques increase oxygen to the cells and are the most important factors in living a disease-free and energetic life. When cells get enough oxygen, cancer will not and cannot occur.” ~Dr. Otto Warburg (President, Institute of Cell Physiology and Winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine TWICE!)


We can use breathing exercises in many ways.  One that I use is taking a slow deep breath when I feel a twinge of irritation.  For instance, if I spill coffee on my shirt.  I will feel a brief moment of agitation, then I will take a deep breath allowing the emotion to pass through my body and exit with the exhale.  This allows me to move forward with my day without carrying the residual negative emotion from the event.  Most stress is caused by a buildup of numerous minor irritations throughout the day.  When we consciously breathe, it refocuses our attention on the present moment, which effectively breaks our train of thought.  This is an invaluable tool for transformation.
Deep breathing can also be used for relaxation and physical well being.  Try this simple breathing exercis
e:
1. Inhale slowly to the count of five, filling your lungs as much as possible. Feel your lungs expand. Visualize healing energy coming into your body.
2. Hold the breath for a count of three.
3. Exhale slowly to the count of five, squeezing every bit of air out. Feel your muscles contract to expel the air. Visualize releasing toxins from your body.
4. Hold for the count of three.
Repeat at least ten times.
For a more advanced technique, slow the inhale and exhale to a higher count.

Relax, breathe deeply,
and Be Happy, my Friends!
Laura Barrette Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment