Friday, May 20, 2011

What Would You Do if the World Ended Tomorrow?





You may have heard that there is a group of people who believe that the world will end tomorrow, May 21, 2011. There has been a man with a sign like this on a street corner warning people in my area for years about this coming judgment day. My thoughts about this are: Who knows if it's true, I tend to think not, but if it were true how would that knowledge affect your life today? Would you pay attention to the little things more, the birds chirping, the sun setting, your children vying for attention, the taste and texture of your food? Would you offer forgiveness of those who you hold grudges and resentment? Would you express your love more freely to those around you? Would you take time to pray, even though you may not ever pray? If so, why wait for your last day on Earth to do these things? You may have one day left, or 10,000. Either way, don't wait till the last minute to live in awareness, joy, and love.


Whether the world ends tomorrow, next year (Dec 21, 2012), or just ends for me when I die, I will not live any different than I do today.  I am not afraid to die.  I'm more afraid of not living while I'm alive.
Many Blessings-
Laura Barrette Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment