Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Are You Worth?



SELF WORTH should not be defined by your level of education, income, or career. Instead, let your self worth be linked to good character, compassion, and how much love you spread in the world.  It's not what you do for a living, it's who you ARE that matters!

I learned this lesson in 1999, when I had to quit work because of health issues. It made me re-evaluate my self worth; up until then I had built myself up on my accomplishments and "important" job. This was false worth, since it could be taken away. Now, I build upon myself from the inside, which can never be taken unless I take it from myself. 


It can be challenging to see ourselves without the labels and boxes that society uses to define us. When we place more emphasis on who we are as a person, rather than the roles we play, our self worth becomes an integral part of who we are.  This is true self esteem.  Simply be worthy by being worthy!  
Have a happy day  :)


~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment