Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Is Life Saying to You Today?


"Do what you like. Like what you do." I read this on a Life is good.® T-shirt tag. I have worn this t-shirt a hundred times, and until today, I never noticed this mighty message on the tiny tag. Life is the same way. Daily, we are surrounded by subtle messages that can guide us and teach us, but most of the time we aren't even paying attention enough to see or hear them. Life works in mysterious ways. Sometimes a word of wisdom is in the next song you hear on the radio, or a conversation at the next table.


By paying attention to your environment and the often overlooked details of life, you are not only raising your awareness, you are honing your ability to be present.  This itself is worth the effort.  But it is those subtle messages that seem to speak directly to me that always amazes me.


I am a student of Life.  I have studied different philosophies and followed many  teachers, but Life itself has been the best teacher.  When I look for the lesson in a past experiences I always find one.   When I need guidance or a nudge in the right direction, Life always provides the perfect message.  What is Life saying to you today?  


Enjoy the journey!


Laura Barrette Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment