Friday, July 8, 2011

What Do You Say?

 "I have to do the dishes."
"I'm going to do the dishes and have fun doing them!"
‎"I HAVE TO ______" Do you have a habit of saying that you have to do something, such as "I have to do the dishes, go to work, make dinner, clean the house, give Grandma a ride, etc" When we phrase what we either need to do or choose to do with the wording "have to" it brings thoughts of wishing you were doing something else, which can lead to feelings of resentment or just not enjoying the time spent doing it. Watch how you use this phrase and learn to say, "I need to, I choose to, or I'm going to", which will keep your focus on free will. You are free to choose to enjoy what ever you do today! Do it with awareness and have a happy day! :)

Laura Barrette Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment