Friday, July 29, 2011

The Frog on the Lily Pad (1 minute story)

(Photo from artistrising.com)




A girl asks her Grandmother, "How do you know what your purpose in life is?" Grandmother takes the child by the hand and leads her to a frog sitting on a lily pad in a pond. "Dear little one, see this frog? Does he have to think about what his purpose is before he sits in the sun to warm himself, or swims with delight with his friends? Does he think about being patient and working hard for his next meal as he awaits a passing fly?" The girl responds, "I guess he just does those things naturally, Grandma." "Yes, and by following his instincts and doing what he naturally yearns to do he is living his life's purpose."

Think more with your heart than your head and live on purpose! :)

Be Happy, my Friends~
Laura Barrette Shannon

4 comments:

  1. I love this, thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,
    I consider your writings both instructive and soul soothing.I have read all of your posts.You are a real artist.I look forward to reading from you. Best wishes,Emoke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Emoke,
    Thank you for your kind words of support! This little story came to me during meditation. Thank you for your time and comments.
    Many Blessings-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete